The Winter Park Competition Center puts on many exciting ski, snowboard, and mountain bike events. Competitions produced or facilitated by the Competition Center include development level introductory events up to regional and national Championships. Be sure to check out our upcoming events and volunteer opportunities if you've ever wanted to get up close and personal as Alpine racers speed through a Slalom course, witness top notch bump and jump skills on the mogul course, check out skiers and snowboarders who test their mettle on the jumps in Re-railer and Dark Territory terrain parks, or cheer on downhill and cross-country bike racers as they speed down the trail!
Community volunteer program
The Winter Park Competition Center relies on event volunteers to consistently produce these top-quality events. Many of our volunteers keep coming back year after year to take advantage of the benefits, like front row seats for exciting competitions and of course... the free lift tickets!rich-text
Parent Volunteer ProgramWe strongly encourage parents of kids in the Competition Center to embrace the mindset of being part of the Competition Center Family. Your volunteer time is truly critical for us to host events at Winter Park!
Being part of the Competition Center Family, we need the assistance of all of our families to produce world-class competitions, events, and fundraisers to support our athletes across all disciplines. We encourage families to volunteer for the full spectrum of our events, not just those within your child’s or children’s discipline(s).
As part of winter program registration, you will pay one of the following parent volunteer deposit payments:
$300 – 1-Day, 2-Day, and Short Programs
$600 – 3-Day and Full-time Programs
One parent volunteer deposit per family. If you have more than one child in our programs, you must pay the parent volunteer deposit from the program that has the highest deposit amount. We ask all families to volunteer a minimum of 1 day each winter season, even if you are unable to work for the full refund or have completed some hours in the summer.
2021-22 Work Deposit Info
There is no work deposit for summer programs, but families are welcome to volunteer to earn complimentary lift tickets.
Whether you are a community volunteer or a parent volunteer, you choose your type of compensation each time you volunteer!
1. Comp Ticket voucher*: 1 voucher per 6 hours of service. These may be used by you, your friends, or family.
2. Parent Volunteer Deposit refund: 15 hours for a full refund of $300 deposit; 30 hours for a full refund of $600 deposit.
3. Community Service: must meet minimum age requirements. Must be age 16 or older to volunteer.
*Volunteer vouchers can be redeemed for Winter Park Resort winter lift tickets, Trestle Bike Park tickets, or Summer Activities and are valid for up to two seasons depending on when they are earned. Click here to view the comp ticket policy.
How to sign up to volunteer
Must be age 16 or older to volunteer. To view and sign up for current volunteer opportunities.rich-text
1. Visit www.signupgenius.com
2. Click the “search” icon (magnifying glass) in the upper right-hand corner
3. Find the prompt to “search for a sign up by creator’s email” and enter firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES NEWSLETTER
If you would like to receive direct notifications when new opportunities are posted, sign up for our Constant Contact “volunteer opportunities” email list.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 970.726.1590
How to redeem volunteer vouchers
1. Contact the Comp Center office to obtain your vouchers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend obtaining your voucher numbers at least 24 hours in advance.
2. Bring your voucher number and visit the Balcony House Lower Ticket Window at the Winter Park base or at the Mary Jane Ticket Office window to get your ticket printed.
We kindly ask that you avoid redeeming your vouchers on weekends and holidays.rich-text
Registration, Resources, & FAQ
Registration Details, Member Resources, and Important Information.Go
Parent Volunteer Program
To learn more about how to volunteer for a full or partial refund of the parent volunteer depositGo