Recognizing the crisis-level need for local housing for seasonal and year-round workers, in June 2022 Winter Park Resort began construction on a 330+ bed workforce housing complex. Ahead of winter 2022/23, we’re wrapping up foundational work for the modular build in the Spring of 2023. The whole project is scheduled to be complete in the Fall of 2023. It's been a collaborative effort between local officials and public/private organizations, including Winter Park Resort, Alterra Mountain Company, Saunders Construction, the Town of Winter Park, Winter Park Recreation Association and others.
The new housing units will be located just off U.S. Highway 40 and Winter Park Drive, providing employee residents with close-in accessibility to the resort and transit.
Highlights of Winter Park Resort’s Workforce Housing Project
· A 330+ bed workforce housing complex
· Anticipated completion Fall 2023
· Local housing for seasonal and year-round workers
· Sustainable modular construction, ready for solar
· Walk to work, recreation and entertainment
· Designed for both seasonal and year-round workers and for single residents and families
· A mix of studios, single and multi-bedroom units
· Communal kitchens and living spaces
· Provides every resident a lockable room with privacyrich-text, responsive-table